Best Mexican Food Charleston Sc! Mexican food is a staple of the American diet. It’s one of those foods that just about everyone loves – no matter where you are from. There are so many different ways to enjoy Mexican cuisine, from burritos to tacos, and each dish has its unique flavour profile.
What is authentic Mexican food?
Authentic Mexican food is not just a dish; it’s an experience. When you walk into a restaurant that offers authentic dishes and sees the bustling activity of the kitchen, you can’t help but feel like you’re in Mexico. The smells are intoxicating, and your taste buds are anticipating what they will soon be enjoying. But how do you know if a restaurant offers authentic Mexican food? It’s all about the ingredients!
Is it Mexican Food Charleston SC.
Authentic Mexican food is defined as dishes that are prepared according to traditional Mexican recipes and cooking techniques. These can include anything from tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tamales, and more. The key ingredient in these dishes is usually corn or tortillas made with maize flour (masa). Authentic Mexican cuisine does not include words that have been Americanized, such as Tex-Mex.
The building blocks of authentic Mexican cuisine are corn and lime (citrus fruit). Using these two ingredients is one way you can identify if the food served is real or not. If there’s no corn in a dish and it tastes too acidic, then you know it’s not authentic.
Read More: Best Mexican Food In Fort Collins.
11 Mexican Restaurants in Charleston.
Charleston is a city with a rich history and culture. One of the best ways to show your Charleston pride is by eating at one of the many Mexican restaurants in Charleston! The food, drinks, and atmosphere are all amazing! Here are 11 Mexican Restaurants In Charleston that you should visit next time you’re craving some great Mexican food.
De La Cruz Taqueria:
This Charleston staple started on North Market Street in the early 1990s and now has five locations around town. The menu features speciality burritos, tacos, nachos, and more. Some of the most popular items include steak fajitas, carne asada fries with chilli con queso sauce, and a carne asada burrito.
This Mexican restaurant features traditional dishes including tamales, tacos, and enchiladas, alongside American favourites like burgers and fries. The menu also includes Salvadorian-style hot dogs with ketchup, mayonnaise, and chilli sauce on top of a bun.
This Mexican restaurant features Colombian and Peruvian dishes as well. The menu offers an extensive selection of appetizers, including a variety of ceviches and grilled octopus, alongside entrees like seafood paella or the house speciality ropa vieja served with rice, beans, and plantains.
The Taco Box:
This Mexican restaurant in downtown Charleston specializes in tacos and burritos, with almost two dozen different options on the menu, including everything from al pastor to carnitas. Some of the other popular items include empanadas, nachos, and various seafood dishes like shrimp fajita and Camarones a la diablo.
With locations in North Charleston and Mount Pleasant, this Mexican restaurant offers various dishes from tacos to burritos, quesadillas, and fajitas with a wide-ranging selection of meats like chicken tinga or steak pastor. There are plenty of vegetarian options as well, including beans, rice, quesadilla, and cheese.
This Mexican restaurant in downtown Charleston is famous for its tacos, but there are also dishes like tamales and enchiladas. They offer a variety of meats, including lengua (beef tongue), Asada (steak), or pollo con mole Verde (chicken with green mole sauce).
This Mexican restaurant in North Charleston is inspired by the flavours of Mexico City and offers dishes like carne asada (skirt steak), shrimp fajitas, or chicken mole. They also have a variety of drinks, including margaritas on tap made with fresh fruit purees.
This Mexican restaurant in North Charleston offers authentic dishes like tacos al pastor, burrito, and tortas. Their signature dish is the El Toro Taco Plate which includes carne asada served on rice with beans and salsa verde. They also have vegetarian options such as vegan cheese or pickled carrots and jalapeños.
La Mexican is a family-owned restaurant in Mount Pleasant that offers dishes like tacos al pastor (pork), burrito, enchiladas Verdes, or chilaquiles. They have vegetarian options such as grilled cheese with avocado and salsa on top of corn tortilla chips.
This restaurant in North Charleston offers authentic Mexican food like tacos al pastor, burrito, and enchiladas. Their signature dish is the Tacos El Mexicano which includes steak or pork served on a corn tortilla with onion, cilantro, tomato sauce, and cheese. They also offer vegetarian options such as grilled cheese with avocado and salsa on top of corn tortilla chips.
Pupuseria La Mexicana:
This place in North Charleston offers various dishes, such as tacos al pastor, burrito, and enchiladas Verdes or chilaquiles. Their signature dish is the Tacos El Mexicano which includes steak or pork served on a corn tortilla with onion, cilantro, tomato sauce, and cheese.
10 Tips for Finding the Best Mexican Food in Charleston.
- Check Yelp reviews for the restaurant you’re interested in. A promising sign is when many people claim it’s the best Mexican food they’ve ever had. and a bad sign is when someone who isn’t from Mexico claims to serve authentic Mexican cuisine dishes.
- If your favorite dish at any other non-Mexican place happens to be something with a Mexican-sounding name, make sure they have it on the menu.
- When in doubt, stick to tacos! A taco is about as traditional and straightforward of an entrée as you can get at many places, so order one before branching out into other dishes or sauces that may be unfamiliar to your palette.
- Look for dishes that have a lot of ingredients on the menu.
- Don’t be afraid to order something you’ve never had before. But always stick with your gut! If it doesn’t sound too appealing or looks strange, trust yourself and don’t take any risks.
- Ordering off the specials board is typically an excellent way to taste the more unique dishes.
- Ordering a margarita or Mexican beer with your meal is always a good idea!
- It’s also essential that you watch them prepare it in front of you. So avoid ordering anything if they’re cooking it behind closed doors. You’ll be able to see whether many people seem disgruntled with the way their orders are being prepared.
- If you want to try a dish that’s popular in your home country but not Mexico, ask what words they recommend and how it compares to what you’re looking for! You might find something new that takes you back without taking away from your favorite meals.
- Restaurants that are the best Mexican food in Charleston, SC, often have delicious, spicy salsas and fresh ingredients.
13 Must-Try Mexican Dishes in Charleston.
Mexican food is a staple in Charleston. It’s so popular that you’ll find many different cuisines. Restaurants offering Mexican dishes, including burritos, tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, and tamales, to name just a few. Here are 13 must-try Mexican words:
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Tacos de Carne Asada
- Ceviche Tostadas
- Chile Relleno
- Enchiladas Verdes
- Tamales oaxaqueños
- Huevos con mole
Rollin’ tacos and chips: The Best Mexican Food in Charleston.
Taco Tuesday is here, and Charleston’s Best Mexican Food Restaurant has got you covered. If you don’t know what to order, the staff at Rollin’ Tacos and Chips suggest ordering a taco plate or burrito with your choice of beef, chicken, pork carnitas, or shrimp for some seafood flair.
We’ve also got our signature tacos de Pescador (fish tacos) on special this week. They are served in flour tortillas topped with cabbage slaw and chipotle mayo – yum! And don’t forget that we’re BYOB, so bring your favourite bottle of wine to enjoy alongside your meal.
Thank you for reading our blog post about the best Mexican food in Charleston, SC. We hope we were able to help you find your new favourite spot! If you have any questions or feedback, please leave us a comment below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.