Do you know how important it is to find healthy food combination recipes? There are many different dishes you can make with different ingredients that will taste great and be good for you!
This article will focus on providing you with some easy-to-follow recipes that will be tasty, nutritious, and give you plenty of energy throughout the day.
What is Healthy Food Combination Recipes?
There are many versions of healthy food combination recipes, but all contain ingredients that will taste great and be good for you! The main idea behind this type of recipe is to combine several different types of foods and make sure they all benefit your body somehow.
Some of the recipes you might find include; vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds (try to get organic when possible) with foods like rice, quinoa, or oatmeal. Some people might combine foods like chicken with brown rice or fish fillets with white beans.
You can be extremely creative in the kitchen when it comes to this type of recipe, and you can pretty much mix any ingredients that go along well.
While finding healthy food combination recipes might seem tedious, it is not so bad once you get started. You never know what flavors will work together until you start trying different things out.
Top 10 Food Combining Recipes ideas:
There is an amazing range of healthy food combination recipes that you can try out, but we list a few popular ones below. Keep in mind you can substitute the ingredients and use whatever types of foods you like!
1. Brown rice with vegetables and chicken:
This is a very common combination for people to try out. For this recipe, you can use chicken, beef, or fish fillets with vegetables like carrots, green peas, and broccoli.
- Chicken fillets – 1-2 pieces per person depending on the size of the fillet.
- Vegetables – 3 or 4 carrots,
- 2 cups of green peas and broccoli.
- Brown rice – half a cup per person you are serving.
Method: Boil brown rice according to instructions (usually 1 part rice to two parts water). Cut up chicken into small pieces. Add vegetables to a pot of boiling water and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. You can sprinkle some spices over the top before cooking (chilli, pepper, etc.) for additional flavor.
2. Broccoli with Brown rice and salmon:
Broccoli is an amazing vegetable that has many different health benefits (it also tastes great). The dish contains salmon, which is full of a good kind of fat.
- Brown rice – half a cup per person you are serving.
- Salmon fillet – 1 piece per person.
- Broccoli – one head per person.
Method: Cook brown rice according to instructions (usually 1 part rice to two parts water). Steam broccoli for a few minutes and then put on a plate with the rice. Top with salmon, which you can either bake or fry depending on your personal preference.
3. Oatmeal with Strawberries and blueberries
Oatmeal is packed with iron, calcium, and fiber, which are extremely important for your body. Strawberries contain high levels of antioxidants, while blueberries promote good brain health.
- Oatmeal – 1 cup per person (use water to cooking ratio on the package).
- Strawberries – 4-5 medium-size strawberries, cut up into small pieces.
- Blueberries – 1 cup per person.
- Honey – one teaspoon for every two people you are serving.
- Milk or yogurt – this is optional. If you like a creamier texture, then use a little bit of milk or natural yogurt.
Method: Add water to oatmeal and cook according to the directions on the package. Add strawberries and blueberries to oatmeal once it is cooked. Top with honey and serve warm or cold!
4. Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce
Spaghetti squash is a vegetable that will be appreciated by anyone who enjoys pasta but wants to eat something healthier. The tomato sauce provides the dish with lycopene, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Spaghetti Squash – 1 cup per person (cut into halves or quarters depending on how big your squash is).
- Tomato Sauce – a quarter cup per person.
- Garlic powder – one teaspoon for every two people you are serving.
- Basil leaves – sprinkle over the top before serving.
- Olive Oil is an optional ingredient, but it can be added if you want to prepare a nice dressing for the dish. Just add one teaspoon of olive Oil per person.
Method: Add spaghetti squash to boiling water in a saucepan and cook until done (this usually takes 10 minutes or so). Drain spaghetti squash when cooked and add to saucepan. Add tomato sauce, garlic powder, and basil leave to spaghetti squash. Drizzle with olive Oil if you are using it.
5. Brown rice with stir fry vegetables
Vegetables are one of the most important ingredients in any healthy food combination recipe because they not only taste great but provide your body with the necessary vitamins and nutrients.
- Brown rice – half a cup per person you are serving.
- Carrots – 2 medium-size carrots, cut up into small pieces.
- Cabbage – 1 cup of shredded cabbage per person (this gives the dish an extra crunch).
- Green beans – 1 cup per person if using fresh green beans,
- 1 cup per person if using frozen green beans.
- Onion – 1/2 an onion (not chopped) will provide about one cup of cooked onions.
- Mushrooms – add as many mushrooms as you like (chopped).
- Soy Sauce – add a little bit to each dish depending on your taste (try not to add too much).
- Garlic – 1 clove for every ten people you serve (add more if your taste buds require it).
Method: Add all the vegetables and mushrooms to a frying pan or wok. Cook until done, and then pour soy sauce over the top. Top with garlic which you can either stir into the dish or sprinkle over as desired. Serve with brown rice on the side.
6. Chicken, broccoli, and spaghetti squash
This is another great Paleo recipe that includes healthy ingredients like chicken, broccoli, and spaghetti squash. The spices provide this dish with extra flavor, while the tomatoes contain high levels of lycopene which helps protect against cancer.
- Chicken breasts – 3-4 pieces, cut into small pieces.
- Spaghetti squash – one cup per person you are serving (cut into halves or quarters depending on how big your squash is).
- Tomatoes – 6 tomatoes, diced (the riper the tomatoes are, the sweeter they will taste).
- Broccoli florets – 1-2 cups of broccoli florets per person (this is measured after they have been chopped off the stem).
- Coconut Oil – one teaspoon for every two people you are serving.
- Garlic powder or fresh garlic cloves crushed in a garlic press – one clove for every four people serving (add more if your taste buds require it).
- Salt and pepper to season the dish before serving. Optional ingredients include ginger powder or fresh ginger root cut into small chunks.
Method: Add spaghetti squash to boiling water in a saucepan and cook until done (this usually takes 10 minutes or so). When cooked, drain spaghetti squash and add to frying pan with chicken, onions, garlic, broccoli, tomatoes, and coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients before adding salt and pepper for taste. Serve warm.
7. Grilled salmon fillets:
Salmon is an oily fish that provides your body with omega-3 fatty acids essential for the brain’s proper function. This Paleo recipe uses grilled salmon fillets that provide protein without any saturated fat, as you would find in beef or pork products.
- Salmon fillets – 4 fillets per person you are serving.
- Lemon juice – one tablespoon of lemon juice per fillet of salmon, should be enough (feel free to add more if you have a larger fillet).
- Salt and pepper to season the dish before serving.
Method: Place salmon skin side down on grill over high heat for 5-8 minutes or until the fish easily flakes with a fork. Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon fillets and enjoy your healthy Paleo-friendly dish.
8. Omelettes made with only egg whites:
A good omelet is one of the easiest dishes to cook on Paleo because all you have to do is beat some eggs, fry them up in a frying pan and add whatever ingredients you like (cheese, onions, mushrooms, etc.).
- Egg whites only – two large eggs will provide you with enough egg whites for four omelets. Two additional whole eggs can be used to add more protein if desired.
- Green and red peppers – one chopped green and red pepper per person you are serving (add more if your taste buds require it).
- One chopped onion per person you are serving (add more if your taste buds require it).
- Cheese – add a little cheese for extra flavor if desired.
Method: Add vegetables and onions to frying pan with egg whites and cook until done. Serve with shredded cheese on top.
9. Pork chops made in the oven:
Pork is not allowed on Paleo because it raises your risk of contracting toxoplasmosis, which can be deadly. If you’re still craving, pork try using lean cuts like these boneless rib chops that will taste great!
- Rib or pork chops – four pork chops per person you are serving.
- Rosemary – one teaspoon of dried rosemary should be enough (feel free to add more if your taste buds require it).
- Salt and pepper to season the dish before serving. Optional ingredients include sliced onions, garlic cloves, or crushed garlic cloves in a garlic press.
Method: Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare and season the meat and place it on a baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip the pork chops and cook for another 10 minutes or until done.
10. Baked apples healthy:
If you’re looking for a healthy, gluten-free dessert, then these baked apples are just the thing.
- Apples – two per person you are serving (feel free to use more if they are small).
- Cinnamon – one teaspoon of cinnamon per apple should be enough. Optional ingredients include ground ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, or allspice.
Method: Peel the apples and cut them into halves. Remove the core of each apple but do not discard it because you will need it for this recipe to work successfully. Place one half of an apple on a baking sheet with the inside part facing up to look like a bowl after it is cooked. Fill the apple with desired ingredients (cinnamon, spices – any optional ingredients listed above work well). Cook for 20-30 minutes at 350°F or until done.
What are the Benefits of Healthy Food Combination Recipes?
The benefits of healthy food combination recipes depend on the ingredients you use. For example, if you are eating some brown rice with vegetables and chicken, then all three would provide your body with different types of nutrients.
The brown rice would be good for providing your body with carbohydrates that give you the energy to keep going throughout the day. The vegetables would be packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, essential for keeping your body healthy.
There are many benefits to eating foods that have been combined in this recipe, including; improved heart health, increased energy levels throughout the day, better brain function, and lower cholesterol. You can get an idea of some other benefits by checking out our article on the benefits of quinoa.
What is the healthiest combination of food?
The healthiest combination of food is difficult to answer because it depends on the ingredients you use in your recipes. For example, if you eat brown rice with vegetables and chicken, then these foods would provide different benefits to your body.
The brown rice would give your body essential carbohydrates needed for energy, while the chicken provides quality protein and the vegetables provide antioxidants and other essential nutrients.
What food combinations are good for weight loss?
Foods combined to create healthy recipes can be useful for weight loss because they help you feel full. This means that you won’t need to eat as much food during the day, preventing you from taking in unnecessary calories.
Some healthy food combination recipes for weight loss include; brown rice, vegetables, grilled chicken or chili made with tofu, vegetables, and brown rice. There are many different possibilities for creating the perfect meal that is healthy and tastes great.
The Bottom Line
It’s great to see an article about healthy food combinations. We were looking for some recipes and found this one! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below to answer your question as soon as possible. Thanks for reading our blog post-today-we hope it has made you more aware of the importance of eating a balanced diet that includes nutrient-rich foods like these delicious dishes!