Is Pizza Fast Food? It can be consumed on the go as you wait for other people or for your food to be cooked at a restaurant. But pizza is not classified as fast food: like hamburgers, hot dogs, and other processed meats, pizzas are considered “fast food” when they contain high levels of fat, sodium, and added sugars.
Pizza is typically more expensive than other fast food items like hamburgers or salads. In general, fast food restaurants offer cheap meals, but those meals, more often than not, are of poor quality.
In a Nutrition Action Health Letter study, researchers found that children who eat pizza almost daily have an increased risk of becoming obese. Even one or two slices of pizza daily can lead to health problems like high blood pressure and excess body fat.
Is pizza fast food? Sure, pizza is. Whether trying to eat healthier or want to cut down on carbs and calories, pizza can be a healthy, versatile food option.
But with so many pizzerias popping up in more and more places, who’s going to make the call? Here are some top choices if you’re looking for the best fast food options!
Why is pizza fast food?
Pizza has been eaten for millennia, but it wasn’t until the early 1900s that pizzerias started popping up around Europe. The fast-food boom started shortly after with The Little Caesars Pizza Co.
Which opened its doors in 1983. The restaurants were initially considered a fad, and many who tried them said that the food was “tasty and cheap, but it didn’t last.
Pizza is fast food. You can find it in almost every town in the US as a restaurant and also as a frozen dinner at grocery stores. You can eat it while driving.
Fast food is food that can be served quickly to the customer, with little or no wait time. This type of food is prepared with cheap ingredients, and very little care and thought are put into the quality of the product. Typical examples of fast food include hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, tacos, and pizza.
What are the pros and cons of pizza as fast food?
It can be eaten on the go as you wait for other people or for your food to be cooked at a restaurant; however, it is not classified as fast food: like hamburgers and hot dogs, pizzas are considered “fast food” when they contain high levels of fat, sodium and added sugars.
- Pizza is inexpensive. For the most part, pizza DOESN’T cost more than other fast foods (only veggie-based pizzas do).
- Pizza is good for your health. It can be a good alternative when you don’t feel like eating a meal or snack. Eating one slice will fill you up and keep hunger at bay for a while.
- Pizza is versatile. You can order your pizza with any toppings! It’s really up to you.
- Pizza is easy to make. For those who don’t have time to cook, you can always opt for pizza!
- As much as pizza can be good for you, some “dangerous” pizzas can put your health at risk. Some of these pizzas include the following:
- Pepperoni Pizza – This pizza contains a lot of saturated fat and sodium, which can cause cardiovascular disease.
- Pizza with extra cheese – Most people underestimate the number of calories in pizza. This is mainly because of the melted cheese and excess toppings.
- Be sure to include them in your current diet routine!
What are the best fast food pizza places?
If you’re looking for the BEST fast food pizza place, you might want to consider the following:
1. Pizza Hut
It has a wide menu includes various pizzas, pasta, and more. It also offers a lot of delicious desserts.
2. Domino’s Pizza
This fast food pizza place has friendly staff willing to accommodate your needs and make your order right! It is also very affordable, which is another pro of this restaurant.
3. Papa John’s
The staff at this fast food pizza place are friendly and accommodating. They always recommend and provide extras like free refills and free delivery (if you order online).
4. Papa Murphy’s Pizza
This fast food pizza place offers great service and delicious pizzas. They have an expansive menu: even if it’s your first time trying them, you’d probably try them at least once or twice!
5. Papa John’s Pizza
This fast food pizza place has friendly staff and offers almost the same product as Papa John’s. It is also very affordable, which is another pro of this restaurant.
6. Jimmy Johns
It is known for its famous sub sandwiches and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients. They have a wide selection of toppings so that you can create your sandwich (or salad).
How can you make pizza healthy to eat?
You can make pizza healthy by ensuring that there is no bacon, pepperoni, and sausage on your pizza. You can also opt for a thin crust to control your portion size. You will have to sacrifice the French fries or potato chips with it.
Pizza Nutrition Facts
A large slice of cheese pizza contains the following:
What are some tips to make eating healthier easier?
- Make better decisions. Instead of eating out, opt for eating in more often. Make your pizza using a whole wheat crust. Choose healthy toppings.
- Use planning and organization as your allies! You can’t go wrong if you plan and prepare what you’ll eat during the day (and the following days).
- Don’t be afraid to ask. If you want to order extra veggies, sauces, or dressing on the side, ask the staff to do it! Most restaurants will comply with your request.
- Don’t eat too much fast food pizza. This is especially true if you want to eat healthier and lose weight.
- Fast food pizza is not a healthy choice for children! Kids tend to love this type of food. It doesn’t hurt to introduce more nutritious options, even if they don’t like the new meals immediately.
- Avoid binging on this type of food.
How can you keep pizza healthy?
It isn’t easy to make fast food healthy, especially pizza, and you can’t do it completely. However, if you eat this type of food occasionally, there are things that you can do.
1. Keep the cheese away from the edge of your pizza – You should avoid putting a lot of toppings at the border since it will usually dry after a while. Also, avoid putting a lot of sauce or toppings at the corners to prevent oil from dripping.
2. Avoid eating fried foods while eating pizza – Don’t dip your pizza in oil before you eat it. Instead, you can use your choice of toppings (if you use mayonnaise or marinara sauce).
3. Eat plain pizza with natural ingredients – Instead of adding extra elements to the crust, try to eat plain ones like whole wheat and cornmeal.
What are the best fast food pizza toppings?
The best fast food pizza toppings include the following:
1. Cheese is not a good source of protein, and it has very little fiber content. It can also cause weight gain, especially if you consume much of it!
2. Meatballs – This topping has a high concentration of salt, which can increase your blood pressure levels. It is also high in saturated fat and cholesterol content, which can cause heart disease.
3. Anchovies – These fish are usually associated with pizza, especially those made in New York! It has zero carbohydrates and contains a lot of protein. However, be wary that it is high in sodium content.
4. Mushrooms – Mushrooms can make a good topping since they contain many calories and antioxidants.
5. Sweet onions – These can make great toppings for your pizza since they are low in calories and added fats.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading the information provided about fast food pizza. You have learned why this food is considered “fast,” how it’s made, and its pros and cons.
We’ve also included tips on making your pizza healthier and a list of the best fast food pizza places and toppings.
We believe that we have presented you with enough information that you must know about this pizza.
Do you have something to add? Feel free to use the comment section below!