Do you know what Fast Food Has Soup? On average, about 47% of all the items in a fast food restaurant are soup. The most popular fast food joints serve piping hot soup, from hamburger burgers to chicken sandwiches.
The Italian food chain, Pizza Hut, has even had a soup of the day, sold in 14 oz cups. But when you look at a fast food restaurant’s menu, you see a large portion of soup.
The main reason fast food chains serve soup is to give customers what they want. Fast food chains know their customers love soup and will always buy it no matter how strange its flavors are.
What Fast Food Has Soup?
“Most fast food restaurants are also well known for their soup, which may account for part of the popularity of fast food. Hearty meals such as meatloaf or Chili are served with a side of soup to satisfy customers’ taste buds. To provide what their customers want, many chains offer a special soup on the menu daily.”
What kind of soup is served?
From a fast food restaurant’s point of view, soup is often served in groups of five or six different types. The more variety, the better, as long as people return. One chain even has a special soup on its menu every day.
25 Amazing Fast Food Has Soup:
1. Cafeteria Style
Instead of creating soup from scratch, major fast-food cafeterias, such as Wendy’s and Burger King, often prepare a mix of canned or boxed soups. Customers can select their favorite flavors from a list or suggest an ingredient they want in the soup.
2. The Weird
If you are looking for something different and unconventional, you can also look for the unusual soup that is only served at one location around the country.
3. Soup of the Day
A special soup may be offered every day of the week. Some restaurants, such as Olive Garden, keep the soup under wraps until the daily menu is announced on social media sites. Other restaurants, such as Panera Bread, offer a different type of soup each month.
4. Wendy’s Chili:
Wendy’s Chili is a food item from Wendy’s. Chili was introduced in 1969 and sold as a side dish. Since then, it has become available as an item on its own or in the Frosty Deluxe.
5. Chili Cheese Coney:
A Chili Cheese Coney is a hot dog served in a coney sauce. They are considered signature items at the eponymous restaurant.
6. Chili Cheese Fries:
Chili Cheese Fries are an item from Wendy’s. The dish consists of french fries covered with Chili and cheese that is melted on top. It was first introduced in 1989 and is regularly sold as a side dish or as an individual meal.
7. Culver’s Chili:
Culver’s Chili is an item from Culver’s. The restaurant has been selling Chili for well over 60 years. In 2014, there were more than 3 million hot pots sold daily.
8. The Beef Bowl:
The Beef Bowl is a dish introduced in 1957 at McDonald’s restaurants. The basic ingredients of the bowl are hamburger meat, pasta, and sauce, but they vary greatly depending on the restaurant’s location.
9. Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a soup created by Potbelly. It looks like a soup with a crust, but it’s made of pot pie dough. It is topped with pieces of chicken, vegetables, and cheese. The soup was introduced in 2005 at the Potbelly Sandwich Works restaurant chain.
10. Wendy’s Chili Cheese Fries:
The name “Chili Cheese Fries” may sound strange, but it is all about the combination of Chili and cheese that makes this dish unique.
11. Tim Hortons Chicken Noodle Soup:
Chicken Noodle Soup is a soup that is sold at Tim Hortons. It was first introduced in the ’60s and has been on the menu ever since.
12. Panera Bread Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup:
Panera Bread Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a soup that Panera Bread introduced in 1993. It is one of the biggest sellers on its menu today.
13. Chili Cheese Fries:
Chili Cheese Fries are a popular item in the fast food chain Wendy’s. The chain has been serving this dish for over two decades. Customers can choose from various ingredients to add to their fries and cheese.
14. The Philly Cheesesteak Soup:
The Philly Cheesesteak Soup is a dish from Arby’s that contains ingredients like roasted onions, bell peppers, diced steak, and cheese. The soup was released in 2013.
15. El Pollo Loca Chicken Tortilla Soup:
El Pollo Loca Chicken Tortilla Soup is a chicken tortilla soup introduced in 2010 at El Pollo Loco restaurants. It was created as an addition to the chain’s menu based on customer requests and recommendations.
16. Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup:
Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup is a chicken tortilla soup mostly found at the sandwich chain Qdoba Mexican Grill.
17. Zoup Chicken Noodle Soup:
Soup Chicken Noodle Soup is a chicken noodle soup introduced in 1894 at Zoup! Restaurants. During the last decade, the chain has been introducing more original varieties of their soup according to what tastes like customers’ favorite.
18. Chili Bean and Sweet Potato Soup:
Chili Bean and Sweet Potato soup was first introduced in 1970 by Arby’s as an addition to their food menu. The dish gained popularity and is still one of their main products today.
19. Quizno’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
Quizno’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a soup that was introduced in 1976 at Quizno’s restaurants. It is one of the chain’s most popular items and is available at many locations.
20. Cafe Zupa Southwest Potato and Green Chili:
Cafe Zupa Southwest Potato and Green Chili is a soup introduced in 2007 at Café Zupa restaurants. It was created to offer customers a Mexican-style soup with southwest flavors.
21. Spicy BBQ Chicken Ramen:
Spicy BBQ Chicken Ramen is a bowl of ramen noodles with hot and spicy sauce filled with chicken meat, vegetables, and noodles. It was introduced in 2009 at the chain Noodles & Company.
22. Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup:
The Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup is a soup that contains corn tortilla strips, chicken, and Chipotle sauce. It is one of the most popular items on the menu at Chipotle restaurants.
23. Taco Bell Beef Bowl:
Taco Bell Beef Bowl is a beef bowl introduced in 2003 at Taco Bell restaurants. The dish is made of a beef patty, brown rice, and tomato to add cheese and salsa.
24. Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a soup created by the Panera Bread chain. It was introduced in 1993 and has been on their menu ever since. The dish became so popular that it was sold for years on Walmart shelves before it debuted on the Panera Bread menu.
25. Spicy Noodles:
A bowl of spicy noodles is a popular item at the Noodles & Company restaurant chain. It consists of ramen noodles topped with vegetables, chicken, and cheese at the bottom of the bowl.
What is the difference between a casserole, soup, and stew?
A casserole contains different ingredients topped with a cheese sauce, usually not too thick or heavy. The dish was first made popular in the late 19th century. Since then, it has been one of the world’s most popular dishes.
Why do you think many fast food chains now offer soup?
There are many reasons why fast food chains now offer soup. One of the main reasons is that it tastes good and gives customers more variety to choose from.
Characteristics of a casserole:
- Casseroles are made in a dish called a casserole dish or baking dish. A casserole dish is usually round, shallow, and has two handles like a pie plate or an oval baking dish. The casserole dishes were first introduced in the United States in 1874 by Revere Glass Company.
- Casseroles usually consist of several ingredients placed in the dish and topped with a cheese sauce.
- Some casseroles have a pastry filled with chicken, ham, beef, or other meat.
- Casseroles include cream cheese, cottage cheese, quark (Swiss cheese), grated American cheese, Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- The dish usually contains rice, pasta, or potatoes cooked, mashed, and mixed with other ingredients.
- The dish usually contains vegetables such as peas, carrots, and onions that are sauteed or steamed and added to the other ingredients.
Characteristics of soup:
- Soups are cooked from several ingredients mixed in a bowl or cup with vegetables, meat, and other ingredients.
- Soups are usually thicker than other casseroles. They contain many different ingredients, from vegetables and meats to rice, noodles, and even pasta.
- The soup is typically served hot with spices at the end to add more flavor to the dish.
- Soups are often creamy or thick due to the use of milk or cream, milk or cream products like sour cream, and butter in the recipe.
- The soup is usually made using containers like pots, pans, and bowls.
- The soup typically has a thicker texture than other casseroles.
Characteristics of stew:
- Stews are cooked and thickened with a tomato- or cream-based sauce that contains veggies, meat, and other ingredients.
- Stews are usually served hot with pieces of the ingredients in the sauce, potatoes, rice, or pasta at the bottom of the dish or bowl.
- Stews are usually thickened with a heavy sauce or gravy.
- Stews are traditionally cooked in pots, pans, or bowls and served warmly with spices to add extra taste to the dish.
- Stews do not contain cream-like casseroles and soups that give them a thinner consistency than stews. Etc.
What are a few of your favorite fast food soups?
I love black bean soup from Taco Bell and broccoli cheese soup from Panera Bread. I also love the Thai chicken noodle soup currently offered at Wendy’s. I would love to hear what your favorite fast food soups are.
Today I have learned whether a fast food sandwich is a casserole, soup, or stew. I have learned that most fast food sandwiches are broiled and not baked, thus making them cream-based stews.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and that it helped you learn more about fast food. Use the information presented in this article to make better decisions when choosing what you eat at your favorite fast food restaurant.
Remember, no matter how much research is done on the company preparing the food, ingredients are never 100% accurate. This is because the ingredients are never listed in order, and different cooking methods are used to prepare the food. It is almost impossible to list every possible ingredient that may be present in the food.